Wednesday 20 July 2011

The White Shirt

This year has been full of vintage style clothing, and I love them! Along with 50's dresses and the beautiful jewelry, blouses and shirts have played a big part in this trend. The white shirt is a fashion classic and a summer essential and the best of all it is suited to all ages.

Along with the 70's look white is essential for this season with lace and embroidery. I love all the styles this season but I think that this one stands out a lot.

So I decided to get a white shirt but unfortunately I could not find one to my expectations (yes i can be picky). The white shirt is simple and classic but I wanted to combine this with a bit of lace and decoration. So I got an usual school shirt which they make you button to the top and wear with a tie which I hate! Luckily our school no longer make us wear these dreadful things and so I no longer needed the shirt.

So I got the shirt and changed it, first I changed the collar, to begin with it was a big pointy collar which I did not like so I cut it shorter so it looked more casual. Then the sleeves I also cut the sleeves and rolled them up so  that they sat at my shoulders, then I sewed it into place. I was left with the bottom of the sleeves which always have buttons so I cut these into an arrow type shape and sewed these onto the shoulders. To finish it off I placed some beautiful ribbon and lace on the pocket and from the shoulders to the collar

       Task complete        

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave a comment xx